Symposia should be prepared as a focused session in which speakers present on a common theme, issue or question of particular relevance.
Suggested structure of symposium:
- Introduction – chairperson provides a brief introduction to the session,
- Presentations – 3 to 7 individual presentations of (8-20 minutes each; shorter presentations should be encouraged to preserve time for discussion and interaction with the audience),
- Q&A – questions from the audience,
- Conclusion – concluding remarks by a discussant.
It is strongly encouraged that speakers closely collaborate in order to provide new and non-overlapping presentations.
All symposia session will run for 90 minutes.
Symposium submission process
All symposia should be submitted by symposium organizer using on-line application form.
Symposium organizer need to gathers all required information before starting the submission process. Applications need to include the following information:
- Symposium organizer’s contact details (First, middle, and last name; title; Organisation title and address; Postal/Zip code; Country; E-mail; Phone number)
- Symposium description (Symposium title – limited to 25 words; Goals of symposium – limited to 75 words; Symposium abstract – limited to 350 words)
- Symposium chairs contact details (if not the same as organizer) (First, middle, and last name; title; Organisation title; Country; E-mail)
- Symposium discussants contact details (First, middle, and last name; title; Organisation title; Country; E-mail)
- Speakers/Abstracts – Information for all speakers/abstracts: First, middle, and last name; title; Organisation title; Country; E-mail; Abstract title – limited to 25 words; Abstract authors; Abstract text – limited to 250 words). Preferred abstract structure is: Introduction, Methods (Activities undertaken), Results, Conclusions.
Submitted symposia will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee and all organizers will be informed about the acceptance of their submission at latest on 1 October 2017. For the accepted symposia, all individual abstracts, as well as the symposium abstracts, will be published in the Book of Abstracts. The registration fee of the symposium organizer, the discussant and all speakers must be paid by 15 October 2017 at latest to secure the presentation during the conference and the publication in the Book of Abstracts.